Ingredients for 1st part
1. Chicken thighs/legs 250 gm
2. Butter 10 gm butter
3. Onion 1 medium (diced finely)
4. Garlic 1-2 cloves (chop finely)
5. Ginger ½ inch cube (chop finely)
6. Green chilli 1 (chop finely)
7. Salt to taste
8. Coconut cream ½ carton (125gm)
Method for 1st part
1. Prick chicken pieces with a fork.
2. Heat 1 dsp(10gms) butter in a dry saucepan on medium heat.
3. When hot, add diced onion & fry until golden brown.
4. Next, add chopped garlic, ginger and chilli and stir until butter separates from the mixture.
5. Add chicken pieces and fry till they are sealed (turns white in colour).
6. Add salt and 125 ml coconut cream. Give a good stir. Cover saucepan with lid. Stir occasionally
7. Cook on medium heat until chicken is tender and gravy thickens.
8. Next add tomato cream sauce (2nd part).
Tomato Cream Sauce
Ingredients for 2nd part:
1. Butter 5 gm
2. Ginger ½ tsp (chop finely)
3. Tomatoes 2 medium (Chopped)
4. Green chilli 1 slit.
5. Salt to taste
6. Sugar ½ tsp
7. Double cream 10 ml
8. Tomato puree 15 ml
9. Lemon juice 1tsp
10. Garam Masala ¼ tsp
11. Garnish: Coriander leaves 1 tsp (chopped)
Method for 2nd part
1. Heat butter in a small pan over low heat and add ginger, tomatoes, slit chilli, salt and sugar. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Beat cream and tomato puree together and add to the cooked tomato mix.
3. When it starts to bubble, add sauce to the cooked tender chicken and cook till sauce thickens.
4. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and garam masala
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.