The perfect gift for the budding food connoisseurs or for anyone who is looking to develop their Indian cooking skills. Sharmini Thomas will proficiently guide you through the session where you will learn that the magic of Indian cooking lies in the combination of choice ingredients, their proportions and the method of cooking.
With expert guidance and tutor demonstration, you’ll learn the sequence of steps that contribute to the perfect colour, consistency, aroma and flavour for each dish using easy to follow recipes that can easily be replicated in the comfort of your home.
What you need to know:
- All ingredients and recipe sheets will be provided.
- A fully equipped kitchen is available but please bring your own knife if you prefer.
- You will need an apron. You can bring your own apron, purchase Sharmini’s aprons at £15.00 each or hire one at £5.00.
- Please bring some takeaway dishes to transport your food safely home.
- Vouchers valid for two years from the day of purchase.
By the end of the session you should be able to:
- Confidently prepare and cook a variety of simple Indian dishes
- Identify the common spices used in cooking Indian food
- Understand the method and techniques of preparing each dish
Absolutely loved the class with Sharmini, she is so friendly, informative, easy to follow and makes the lessons really engaging. The food is absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't create anything like... read more
Lovely class, Sharmini was so helpful and the time flew by leaving me wishing we had cooked more!
Ingredient list was made simple, with tips on what to get ready... read more
Great experience Sharmini! Worked really well on Zoom too.
I received everything I needed in advance.
You delivered this really well and such a lovely person! You ... read more
This was a great experience and worked well even on zoom.
Charming talked through all he ingredients and added lots of information about products and easy of cooking Indian... read more
Great evening on zoom with Sharmini making the Kerala curry. It was a real pleasure to see how to create a delcious vegan chick pea dish and now I... read more
Sharmini taught me how to cook her award-winning coconutty Kerala chicken curry on a Larks.live cooking class.
I was so nervous before joining the class, but I've always... read more
I have done 3 Zoom classes with Sharmini so far and she has improved my understanding of Indian cookery. The Prawn Curry and Keralan coconutty curry were lovely
I took part in sharmini's Zoom class this evening and had a great time. I also have attended a vegan demo in the past which was also great. Since then... read more
My first visit to Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School was a special birthday gift and I chose Sharmini's course. An excellent choice and Sharmini shared her love of spices... read more