The perfect gift for the budding food connoisseurs or for anyone who is looking to develop their Indian cooking skills. Sharmini Thomas will proficiently guide you through the session where you will learn that the magic of Indian cooking lies in the combination of choice ingredients, their proportions and the method of cooking.
With expert guidance and tutor demonstration, you’ll learn the sequence of steps that contribute to the perfect colour, consistency, aroma and flavour for each dish using easy to follow recipes that can easily be replicated in the comfort of your home.
What you need to know:
- All ingredients and recipe sheets will be provided.
- A fully equipped kitchen is available but please bring your own knife if you prefer.
- You will need an apron. You can bring your own apron, purchase Sharmini’s aprons at £15.00 each or hire one at £5.00.
- Please bring some takeaway dishes to transport your food safely home.
- Vouchers valid for two years from the day of purchase.
By the end of the session you should be able to:
- Confidently prepare and cook a variety of simple Indian dishes
- Identify the common spices used in cooking Indian food
- Understand the method and techniques of preparing each dish
Sharmini taught me how to cook her award-winning coconutty Kerala chicken curry on a Larks.live cooking class.
I was so nervous before joining the class, but I've always... read more
I have done 3 Zoom classes with Sharmini so far and she has improved my understanding of Indian cookery. The Prawn Curry and Keralan coconutty curry were lovely
I took part in sharmini's Zoom class this evening and had a great time. I also have attended a vegan demo in the past which was also great. Since then... read more
My first visit to Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School was a special birthday gift and I chose Sharmini's course. An excellent choice and Sharmini shared her love of spices... read more
Loved every minute
Of this day, shamini knows so much and you can absorb her love of spices and knowledge, she is such a lovely lady, I had an absolute... read more
Firstly let me say what a lovely lady Sharmini is.
I made 2 excellent curries in the day along with Onion Pakora and Bombay Potatoes, all delicious,
My... read more
I had an unforgettable experience at Sharmini's Inspirational Indian Cuisine at the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School. Sharmini lived up to the title - she was truly inspirational!
... read more
I was thrilled to have come across Sharmini's food posts on Instagram and to have learnt that she teaches Indian Cooking in York. I do love eating Indian food... read more