The perfect gift for the budding food connoisseurs or for anyone who is looking to develop their Indian cooking skills. Sharmini Thomas will proficiently guide you through the session where you will learn that the magic of Indian cooking lies in the combination of choice ingredients, their proportions and the method of cooking.
With expert guidance and tutor demonstration, you’ll learn the sequence of steps that contribute to the perfect colour, consistency, aroma and flavour for each dish using easy to follow recipes that can easily be replicated in the comfort of your home.
What you need to know:
- All ingredients and recipe sheets will be provided.
- A fully equipped kitchen is available but please bring your own knife if you prefer.
- You will need an apron. You can bring your own apron, purchase Sharmini’s aprons at £15.00 each or hire one at £5.00.
- Please bring some takeaway dishes to transport your food safely home.
- Vouchers valid for two years from the day of purchase.
By the end of the session you should be able to:
- Confidently prepare and cook a variety of simple Indian dishes
- Identify the common spices used in cooking Indian food
- Understand the method and techniques of preparing each dish
I had an unforgettable experience at Sharmini's Inspirational Indian Cuisine at the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School. Sharmini lived up to the title - she was truly inspirational!
... read more
I was thrilled to have come across Sharmini's food posts on Instagram and to have learnt that she teaches Indian Cooking in York. I do love eating Indian food... read more
Such a good day. Learnt so much about using spices and understanding how they grow. Lots of great demonstrations and plenty of time for having a go myself. Came away... read more
My wife booked me this course for my birthday & it was thoroughly enjoyable and informative. As a relative beginner in the kitchen, I was made to feel at ease... read more
Attended Sharmini's Cookery class today with my wife - Christmas present and birthday present respectively. We both had a great time - quality of the menu and ingredients was excellent... read more
I attended one of Sharmini's courses and as its title suggests, it truly was Inspirational. Sharmini was warm and friendly from the start putting everyone at ease. The day started... read more
My first cookery course i felt a bit nervous but there was no need to worry sharmini makes you feel comfortable and confident in what you are doing. She explained... read more
Sharmini is a lovely teacher and I learnt so much in such a short time! The course was really well organised and went very smoothly. Friendly environment and delicious dishes!... read more