Why not blend kitchen experiences with your workplace challenges to develop the team by:
- Creating a bond by working towards a common goal
- Applying what’s learnt in the kitchen to your working environment, and watch productivity increase
- Cooking in an innovative, effective, delicious and fun way
- Giving the team an event they will never forget
Should you consider an Indian cooking class for team building?
Many people take on Indian cooking classes through our company not just for the chance to learn Indian cuisine for themselves. Taking an Indian cooking class can actually lead to some excellent teambuilding and personal bonding.
Learning Indian cooking is an excellent and innovative way that you can bond together as a group. Working in a corporate group towards learning how to cook an authentic dish can be an excellent teambuilding opportunity.
Each of your employees or friends can start working towards a common goal and in a new working environment. As participants work at making authentic dishes with success this can create a sense of achievement and build memories that you can take back with you to the office.
Every participant in a teambuilding cooking class will receive step-by-step instruction from an experienced cookery instructor and learn a variety of new skills that they can bring back to the home. This is a teambuilding exercise that could be very much in demand with your corporate workgroup!
If you are interested in booking a teambuilding exercise or group cooking class with a small group today, contact our staff and don’t be afraid to ask about the discounts we have to offer for the holidays!
How does cooking help?
Cooking food is one of the very few activities which arouses all our 5 senses.
By combining Indian Cookery (one of the most popular cuisines in England) with team building, staff form a much closer bond while enjoying themselves and learning a useful skill.
How to cook your dish to perfection?
• Introduction to Spices of the ‘Mystic East’. Discover the mystery and health benefits of such spices commonly used – such as black pepper, cloves cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and turmeric
• Understand the magic of Indian cooking is in the choice of ingredients, their proportions and sequence of cooking.
• With step-by-step guidance and tutor demonstration, you’ll learn the sequence of cooking required to obtain the right color, texture, aroma and flavor for each dish!
As an old Asian proverb says:
‘Tell me, and I’ll forget. ‘Show me, and I may remember.
But Involve me and I’ll understand’.
Identifies time management challenges in today’s workplace. (by cooking 3-4 dishes in a span of 2 hrs)
Provides an understanding of cultural diversity and food habits.
Cooking home meals (using local produce) produces happier, healthier and less stressed individuals.
Individuals will be using soft skills such as communication skills, flexibility and co-operation to boost self esteem which is relevant to working confidently in their qualified hard skills’ jobs.
Creates interaction among employees and shows staff how to work together towards a common goal.
‘How enjoyable the team building session was’ ?
Good level of knowledge pitched at the right level. Your knowledge is fabulous.Yorkshire waters
Great-something new and different. Very enjoyable cooking our lunch together by working as a team. ASDA
We enjoyed the introduction on how to be in a win-win situation, learning to cook Indian food, learning new combinations of spices, getting to know the rest of the team and mixing as a team. This is one of the best team building workshops we have attended and we have prepared some of the dishes at home too. NMSI team
The purpose of the weekend was partly team building, and partly a thank you to the managers for working hard and doing extremely long hours and a thank you to their partners for supporting them. Wackerneuson Company
What have you learnt from this experience?
“How to make a delicious curry and rice-no more takeaways” Asda
“Learning new combination of spices.” Yorkshire Waters
“Excellent day, well executed and fun.” Wackerneuson Company
• You will be working in pairs. • All ingredients and recipe folder will be provided
• Fully equipped kitchen
• You can also purchase an apron for £15.00 or rent for £5.00
• Please do inform if you have any food allergies.
• Gift vouchers are available
Your event will be unique to meet your requirements, time frame and budget. To discuss your very different Indian cuisine corporate event contact Sharmini Thomas on
T: 07941 608 487